Duluth Public Schools Central Administration Building
|Formerly known as||Duluth Central High School|
215 North First Avenue East
|Designed by||Emmett S. Palmer, and Lucian P. Hall|
|Maximum height||230 feet/69 meters|
- The school once had a six-ton 17-foot-long cannon, a relic from the Spanish-American war. It was melted down during the second World War.
- The cornerstone contains a time capsule with newspaper clippings from 1891.
- The school had its own creamery and greenhouse. The creamery sold its goods to local grocery stores. The greenhouse was torn down to make room for bus parking.
- The gargoyles and other details are the work of George Tharna.
- The school is made of locally mined brownstone.
- On winter days, the school would burn up to eight tons of coal in its boilers.
- The clock faces have a diameter of 10'6".
- The clock has E. Howard & Co., Boston cast into its works.