80 South Eighth Street
Minneapolis, Minnesota 55402
|Designed by||Philip Johnson and John Burgee|
|Maximum height||792 feet/238 meters|
- Height to roof: 775 feet, seven inches.
- Height to top of mechanical penthouse: 792 feet
- At the time of its completion, this was the tallest building in Minneapolis.
- This building's atrium features a 105 foot tall waterfall.
- The IDS Center is covered with 42,614 panes of reflective glass.
- This building was built with 15,000 tons of structural steel.
- This was formerly the location of Hennepin Federal Savings and Loan.
- The IDS Center was intended to be the center and focal-point of downtown Minneapolis.
- February, 1972: The first tenants move in.